Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sensory Overload

Knowing exactly what to write about is difficult at times. I get a certain adrenaline boost from traveling that makes me go into super-analytical mode. Probably because I'm constantly being exposed to things that I haven't given much thought to before. My journal is filled with thoughts and outlines about theology, philosophy, Chinese language, politics, places to travel, poetry, sketches, crazy stories I've heard, profiles of people that I've met, etc, etc, etc. The last two months have been very intellectually stimulating. Perhaps more than any other time in my life.

Anyway, tonight I will leave the laid-back atmosphere of southern China and return to Beijing. A 40-hour train ride. It will be good to settle in and focus on studying Chinese for a little while.